Well, I'm not playing anymore but I visit the forums regularly to check any updates (still hoping for the return of random). I actually find it more amusing to read the complaints of players (and former players) than actually playing the game (current version).
Since suggestions to the game are usually ignored (or rather, if they don't agree with the game's higher-ups' interests no matter how good the suggestions are), why don't we post here what we think SongPop should be? You know, your ideal version of SongPop?
If I were the given the power to make changes, here are some things I will implement:
- In-game ability to play against random players (just like the old random). No more begging for "add me my name is blah blah".
- Maintain Best Match, but with certain conditions. Similar mastered playlists is a given, but with additional filters like location and last time played.
- All playlists are playable. That means removing the 3-playlist choice and shuffle playlist. But the catch is you can't play the same playlist in a row. When you choose a playlist, it will be locked for several rounds until you can play it again.
- Playlist Ban. As in you can choose a playlist and ban it. You and your opponents can't choose that playlist. That way you don't have to deal with that 'obscure' playlist that only your opponent knows.
- How about if you are the owner of that 'obscure' playlist and most of your opponents have banned that? Remember Best Match? Remember the filters? Well, you can filter out the playlists and find opponents who have that same playlist (and not have banned that).
- Each song has at least three clips so you won't hear the same clip every time the song appears.
- Answers are not shown unless both players have answered. This is to prevent copying. A lot of players defend that copying is part of the game (bec. obviously it is allowed). Well, I don't find that to be fun and it defeats the purpose of song guessing (might change that to answer copying instead).
- I'm ok with the new scoring system, only with one change. Wrong answers within 1 second will be penalized with a score deduction. Like a -500 or something. This is to prevent quick wild guessing.
- Playlist of the Week. And a lobby. This is how it works: Every week there will be a featured playlist, maybe have it discounted. And there will be a leaderboard for top scorers for that particular playlist and prizes will be given. What is the lobby for? Well, if you enter that lobby, every game there will be with the featured playlist! Of course you can enter only if you have that particular playlist. Bans don't work here. Also, you can only play against players who are also in the lobby.
- Outside of the game, have a subforum for every playlist.
That's it for now. I know I missed a lot more and I'll post them whenever I can. So, how about you?
Please sign in to leave a comment.