- Rush =First Album in 1974. Have well over 10 albums and are still around today in 2013
- Cream=First A lbum was in 1966. Had at least 8 albums up to the year of 1975.
- The Jimi Hendrix Experience=First Album was in 1967. Well over 10 albums have been put out with the experience and Band of gypsys was a trio as well.
- Emerson,Lake and Palmer=First album was in 1970. They have well over 10 albums by 1992. They still sometimes get together and jam. They did a 40th aniversary in 2010.
- Grand Funk Railroad=First album was in 1969. They put out at least 5 albums as a trio before adding a fourth to the group in 1973-1981. Then reformed in 1983 as a trio again
- Crosby,Stills and Nash=First Album as CSN was in 1969. Have well over 10 albums and still tour and record to this very day 2013
- Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble= Firt Album was in 1983. At least 10 albums by 1990
- Buddy Holly and the Crickets=First Album was in 1957. Hey it's Buddy Holly and the Crickets. Not alot of albums but very very important to rock n roll
- ZZ Top=First Album was in 1970. They have over 10albums and they are still active to this day in 2013
- Blind Faith= Only 2 albums from this group and one of those is live. Blind Faith was formed in 1969 and had 3 larger than life musicians of that time with Eric Clapton, Steve Windwood andGinger Baker.
- The James Gang=First Album was in 1969. Have at least 5 Albums out and put a greatest hits out in 2000
I'm sure there are plenty more trios that I havent thought of or know of.
Please sign in to leave a comment.